Simple Festive Shortbread Cookies
The 1st of December means one thing the start of the festive season and we can’t hide our excitement!
Now the weather is getting colder and we are in the beginnings of winter, a great cure for the winter blues and a great way to escape the cold is by stepping into your kitchen and starting to bake.
At Reface Scotland, we’ve got an amazing range of kitchen appliances to kick off or improve your baking journey. Getting the correct appliances can make a huge improvement to how you work in your kitchen and we’ve got something to suit every taste and budget. We also have a stunning range of worktops to show off your tasty creations on. From the glistening of quartz to the natural feel of wood. We have the perfect workstation for your style and needs.
Spread some festive joy with this simple, no-hassle four-ingredient shortbread recipe. There is nothing like the smell of freshly baked treats to get you in the festive spirit.
Simple Festive Shortbread Cookies Recipe:
– 150g plain flour
– 25g cornflour
– 50g caster sugar
– 150g butter
– Sprinkles and/or icing sugar (optional)
Ready in: 40min
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 °C / Gas 4.
- Put the flour, cornflour, and sugar into a large bowl and combine. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Mould the mixture together to a dough with your hands. Roll the dough out, cut into Christmas shapes, and place on a baking tray leaving space between each shape.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, until a pale golden colour.
- Immediately, transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Decorate with sprinkles and or icing sugar
- Enjoy, share, and spread the festive spirit!